When you’re constipated, you may find yourself straining to pass stool. Straining during bowel movements can cause the veins in your anus and lower rectum to swell. These swollen veins are known as piles (hemorrhoids).
One of the best things you can do right after you wake up: drink a full glass of warm water with ½ a lemon on an empty stomach (without rinsing your mouth). Remember to drink it slowly, taste it. During the night time, your body repairs itself; it removes all the toxins in the body. As you drink water on an empty stomach in the morning, you will flush out these harmful toxins.
You’d be surprised to learn that drinking coffee first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is a terrible idea. It increases acidity and acidity can cause so many problems with the stomach like irritable bowel syndrome.
Foods to eat:
1. Butter (ghee)
2. Stewed fruit: Plums, apricots, peaches, nectarines, and cherries
3. Figs – soak 3 – 4 dry figs overnight and eat it in the morning. The seeds of figs are a good source of fiber to relieve constipation.
5. Yogurt (curd)
7. Coconut water
12. Triphala Powder
13. Plenty of water – about 8 glasses per day. Drinking water on an empty stomach helps in cleansing your bowels.
20. Soaked almonds
Foods to avoid:
1. Coffee, tea, chocolate aggravate constipation
2. Bakery products made from refined flour, bread, cakes, pastries, pies, and puffs also cause constipation and worsen the hemorrhoids.
3. Spicy food including chilies and black pepper
4. Gas-forming foods like lentils, pulses
6. Processed foods such as sandwich, pizza, frozen meals, and other fast foods
7. Ice cream
8. smoking, alcohol, chewing of tobacco products.